Responsible for the beginning set-up processes for production, with emphasis on measures to increase productivity, efficiency and utilization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for timely and accurate production mold/machine set-ups and starts.
- Maintains detailed information within the current reporting formats, on statistics, processes and procedures.
- Prepares various set-up sheets on all new jobs.
- Assists production personnel in the trouble-shooting process for cost effective solutions.
- Checks tooling and auxiliary equipment for possible repairs prior to production runs.
- Responds to alarms and takes corrective action involving quality issues, processing, and/or minor machine, mold, and auxiliary equipment repairs.
- Complies with government regulations in adherence of EPA, MSDS, Lock/Out-Tag/Out and all other proper safety standards.
- Continuously reviews set-ups and production runs to ensure efficient productivity.
- Analyses molding defects to determine the root cause and initiates material, machine, process, or tooling remedies.
- Recommends tooling and/or machine improvements for mold repairs, processes, yields, scrap, waste, etc.
- Cleans and services molds on a scheduled basis to assure continued efficiency during production runs.
- Ensures that production jobs are running to appropriate cycle specifications for maximum yields.
- Trains and mentors lower level technicians in on-the-job mold and process routines.
- Performs material and mold tests as directed.
- Updates and maintains any and all documentation or procedure when changes occur.
- Keeps current on new technology and developments in regards to areas of responsibility, as time allows.
- Installs, maintains, adjusts and repairs a variety of automated machines and specialized equipment.
- Provides trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) some college preferred; five plus years hands-on experience in plastics injection molding processes.Must have working knowledge of molding theory and be familiar with various types of computer programmable
injection molding machines.Must have knowledge of commodity thermoplastic polymers, process capability analysis and SPC procedures.of all injection molding machines.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.