Responsible for the beginning set-up processes for production, with emphasis on measures to increase productivity, efficiency and utilization.
Capable of repairing, adjusts, trouble-shoots, and performing maintenance on injection and blow molding machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Discusses projects with Supervisor to review functions of machines and equipment.
- Designs and drafts arrangement of linkage of conductors, relays, and other components of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication devices.
- Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control.
- Designs and drafts diagrams of cable connection for robots, robot end-of-arm tool, robot controller, and other machines.
- Illustrates and describes installation and maintenance details such as where bearings should be lubricated, types of lubrication, and which parts are lubricated automatically and manually.
- Confers with Industrial Equipment Assembler & Wirer to resolve problems regarding building of controls systems.
- Reviews schematics to answer questions during installation of robot systems.
- Observes gauges during trial run of programmed machine and equipment operation to verify that electrical signals in system conform to specifications.
- Designs controls for energy conversion or other industrial plant monitoring systems.
- Engineers solutions on existing lines to attain sustainable production levels.
- Provides training to staff exposed to new methodology as system processes are developed for improved operation.
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or four to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must be well versed in PLC Programming and Mechanical theory of operation.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems and be able to read schematics.
- Must have working knowledge of Excel, Word, Autocad, Solidworks, and PLC platform based programs for interfacing automation.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and basic writing skills to complete reports and various forms and documents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to add, subtract, measure, and perform basic math functions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Must provide own working tools
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and have regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule when required.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment includes frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat with occasional exposure to vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires hearing protection.
- Required to frequently talk and hear, stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.