Southern California including Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Pasadena, Ventura (Central Coast), Bakersfield North to include Fresno. Also covers Southern Nevada - primarily - Las Vegas.
The successful Account Manager is tasked with expanding sales in the Territory while maintaining control of existing business. The Account Manager will manage a large geography and has the capacity and ability to manage several projects at one time. S/He
must be able to seize opportunity and close business quickly. Focus will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
Sales Planning and Execution
- Initiates and takes ownership of principles of territory management including:
- Account planning
- Selling processes
- Post-sales implementation processes
- Deal economics
- Develops new business by penetrating and converting competitive products in our prime vendor accounts.
- Implements a Business Plan to meet overall strategic corporate sales objectives and quotas of each product line.
- Analyzes business on a company or individual customer basis to identify areas of greatest opportunity or weakness.
- Managing the sales process specific to Medegen Medical Products, to include:
- Maintaining high retention rate of current business through outstanding service.
- Maintaining all contacts for each given account with latest call records for product lines.
- Selling all assigned products with a minimum goal of 90% penetration.
- Continuing to influence customers to see and understand the value that Medegen products bring to them.
- Operational implementation of new products and sales.
- Customer education associated with Medegen’s products.
- Consistently creating value for the customer by using Medegen, industry, and hospital knowledge to affect a project’s outcome involving containment and plastics.
- Provide the highest level of customer responsiveness.
- Demonstrate fiscal restraint and exhibit behavior associated with a desire to increase earnings and profitability in their territory.
- Participate in divisional, area, and regional meetings.
- Understanding of GPO’s and how to leverage multiple agreements to grow the business.
- Managing GPO and IDN contracts to maximize penetration of sales within accounts.
- Manage relationships.
- Drive sales in non contracted facilities or non contracted products by showing the value of the products and service.
- Developing relationships and working collaboratively with supply chain distribution partners including Owens & Minor, Cardinal Health, and other regional partners.
- Demonstrating advanced knowledge of customer industry including:
- Reimbursement and government regulation
- Demonstrate working knowledge of how supply distribution partners' offerings match with customers’ unique business needs.
- Key competitors
- Developing relationships with customer base, specifically in the following departments:
- Materials/Purchasing/Central Stores
- Central Supply/SPD
- Labor & Delivery Department
- Nursing Administration
- Clinical Lab/Pharmacy
- Infection Control
- Clinical Education
- Hospital Foundation
- Meet and exceed all administrative requirements of position, including:
- Maintain up-to-date vendor credentialing certification such as Vendormate, Reptrax, etc.
- Email and voicemail communication
- Preparing and activating all necessary contracting and sales paperwork
- Consistent use of sales reporting tools
- Expense reporting
- GPO compliance reporting
- Pricing process
- Complaint process
- Ad hoc requests
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from a four-year college or university. MBA is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience preferably in medical sales.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills as well as good presentation skills.
- Regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule is required.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to work in smoke-free settings; 25% sitting in an office environment, spent on a computer/telephone, 75% interacting with customers in the field.
- Requires extensive travel within the territory, 1-2 nights of travel per week (sometimes more) to include representing the Company and interacting with customers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, similar to a normal office environment.
- Required to frequently talk and hear, stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 35 pounds including travel bags and normal office equipment and supplies.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local law.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.