Performs various mold maintenance and repair activities and continuous improvements related to the maintenance and repair of injection molds, jigs, fixtures, and related ancillary equipment. Also builds complex tooling components from standard prints using
available metal working equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Cleans and services tool and components.
- Inspects tools for damage or wear.
- Disassembles, assembles, and troubleshoots hot manifold systems; electrical problems within the system; identifies proper sealing, expansion, flow, heater dimensions and condition, tip conditions and thermocouple conditions; determines proper voltages/resistance
of all components.
- Creates new tooling components with the use of standard metal working equipment including mills, lathes, ID/OD grinders, surface grinders, EDMs, and various CNC machinery.
- Assists with installation of machining and tool making equipment.
- Disassembles and assembles molds; identifies proper water seal and flow through mold.
- Identifies proper cleaning techniques of all tool components and plates.
- Identifies mold location and safe usage of mold rack and carts.
- Safely operates equipment and machinery in tooling repair area; must have an understanding of safety of self and others.
- Attends internal meetings to help establish priorities and assign tasks.
- Instruct others, formally and informally, regarding tooling related skills and knowledge.
- Identifies proper storage measures.
- Maintain the quality standard of general housekeeping and preventative maintenance.
- Documents equipment status and ensures spare parts supply is adequate.
- Keeps current on new technology and developments in regards to areas of responsibility, as time allows.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule when required.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Other Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), some college preferred; three to five years related experience in the repair of plastic injection molds.
- Mechanical aptitude required. Must have working knowledge of tooling, mills, lathes, etc. and be able to read schematics.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.