• Responsible for performing all activities in Shipping/Receiving Department. Use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions. Assure proper identification and/or weight of all material received and shipped.
• Acknowledge and sign for incoming material via truck and/or railroad cars. Unload trucks and railroad cars. Check material received and notify Supervisor of any damage or obvious defects. Maintain log of resin received, recording product identification,
car number, quantity and date. Supply Supervisor with sample of resin before unloading car.
• Check and/or prepare required documents, package material, assure proper labeling of containers and arrange for outside carrier when required. Load trucks using forklift and other material handling equipment.
• Report unusual conditions or circumstances to Supervisor.
• Maintain equipment and work area in clean and orderly condition.
• Perform assignments in conformance with health and safety requirements.
• Perform other related duties as required or directed
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• One (1) year experience as a shipper and an excellent understanding of shipping techniques.
• Experience driving a fork truck preferred.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel both in writing and verbally.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.