With a constant focus on safety first, support production and quality by ensuring reliable operation of mechanical and electrical equipment. Must have the ability to troubleshoot systems and complete preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance. Industrial
experience with motors, gearboxes, pneumatics and rotating equipment is highly preferred. Ability to understand blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
The ideal candidate is a technically sound, goal oriented and effective problem solver with the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience with electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required (plastic films manufacturing preferred). Broad knowledge and troubleshooting capability.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, drives, AC/DC components, licensed Journeyman level, or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with operators, management, and technical support services.
- Comply with all environmental, health, safety and security requirements.
- Use basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling and monitoring instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
- Independently troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
- Possess experience with preventative maintenance software and maintenance tracking programs (CMMS).
- Will be required to periodically work overtime and be on-call, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, climb stairs and work at heights to access and maintain the equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid MA Drivers’ License.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email).
10/40 hour OSHA training will be required during employment in this position. If not already trained, company will provide training. Additional training will be provided by OEMs as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control downtime by communicating with operations and scheduling on routine preventive maintenance.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by communicating with team and others about actions taken, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance, documenting as per program designation.
- Assist in the development of work procedures, LOTO requirements.
- Equipment calibration.
- Make recommendations for new/replacement equipment or modifications to existing equipment.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in all work areas.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS
- Inspecting, cleaning and recording of maintenance done on equipment and related parts.
- Dismantling devices to gain access and removing defective parts.
- Using hoists, cranes and material handling equipment (training provided by Inteplast).
- Planning, checking and laying out work, as well as recommending parts, supplies and equipment to be ordered.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Must have own hand tools. Specialized equipment and tools provided by Inteplast.
- Inside and outside environments apply.
- Subject to extreme heat; temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour.
- Proper PPE includes steel toed boots, safety glasses and hearing protection. Other PPE may be required for specific jobs.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.