Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor/Warehouse Manager FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Proficient in use of Warehouse Location Management System
Ability to operate scanners efficiently and accurately to:
- perform put away of production
- process orders and send information for billing
- perform maintenance move operations to ensure maximum storage locations
- identify, locate, and adjust locations using where is, count, and adjust functions
- Reads work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Responsible for picking customer orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares orders for shipment by addressing, labeling, and wrapping pallets. Install protective devices, such as bracing to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Stages finished product in proper locations for loading.
- Loads finished orders on to trucks.
- Unloads materials from trucks or containers and moves to appropriate locations in the warehouse.
- Records numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Moves freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, and containers, by hand or using electric pallet trucks, fork-trucks and other equipment.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area in warehouse
- Ability to safely operate forklift and load hogs. Must pass all required training.
- Abides by all Pitt Plastics safety policies and procedures.
- Able to consolidate and maintain neat locations assigned to you
- Perform special labeling for customers that require secondary labels
- Properly record Yum information on pick tickets when picking Yum orders
Job Specific Skills:
- Basic Mathematical skills required: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Computer skills – position requires accurate entries of information via hand held scanners
- Ability to maintain and complete daily inventory paperwork
- Good written and verbal skills
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Experience and Education:
- Education requirement – High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Experience – Prefer previous warehousing experience with the operation of Fork Lift and/or electric pallet jack.
Essential Functions and abilities:
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hands together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, lift, manipulate or assemble objects. (frequently)
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to use scanner keypad. (frequently)
- Must be able to see in low light conditions, hear, and speak clearly. Required to operate machinery in a warehouse setting and working around pedestrians, and other warehouse pickers/material handlers.
- Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 lbs. (frequently)
- Ability to stand and change positions frequently over an eight-hour period.
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and or legs. (frequently)
- Must be able to operate machinery and pass a safety test for the operation of load hogs and fork trucks.
- Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles repeatedly or continuously to lift objects up to 50 lbs. (frequently)
- Ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Ability to work in environment that is extremely hot, humid in the summer months, and cold in the winter months.
Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Some examples are: (1) Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
any time. (2) This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.(3) Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change
at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.