POSITION TITLE: Packer
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Retrieve the finished product from the machine and pack it into cases. Seal and stack the cases. Label and stamp all cases and send finished pallet to the warehouse. Responsible for emptying trash containers
and used core containers and cleaning lines. All tasks should be performed in the safest most efficient manner possible.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must actively participate in safety meetings.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Will ensure that the correct product count is packed in the case.
- Will need to constantly perform visual quality inspections for defects.
- Must keep the packing table clear by throwing away defective product and repackaging good product.
- Will clean the machine and the immediate area as necessary including but not limited to: empty trash containers and clean machine.
- Must ensure cases are stacked in the approved stacking pattern.
- Must ensure carts are ticketed properly.
- Must load, operate and maintain the tape machine.
- Will operate and maintain the ink jet printer.
- Will form empty cases.
- Will seal & stack the filled cases and ensure correct quantity is stacked.
- Must ensure the correct quantity of cases per pallet.
- Must complete necessary production and quality paperwork as required.
- Must aid in changeover tasks as directed by Operator.
- Will monitor machine during operator absence.
- Prepare for next shift by ensuring sufficient supplies are present, area and trash containers are clean.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NQN-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Must possess ambition and make suggestions for improvement
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all departments and associates.
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crew members and relief personnel and work toward resolving conflict congenially. Make an extra effort to deal with coworkers and supervisors on a mature and positive basis.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Must be willing to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice. .
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of pushing or pulling a loaded cart with up to 50 pounds of force.
- Must be capable to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment for cleaning.
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned.
Skills/Competencies: Must have basic math skills.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.