POSITION TITLE: Reclaim Operator
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The operator's primary function is to keep the reprocessing lines running to produce quality repro to be used in Extrusion or sold to outside customers.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must actively participate in safety meetings.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Efficiently run the plant reprocessing equipment. Meet standard production output.
- Perform routine daily operational duties (i.e. replace cutter blades, perform screen changes, etc.)
- Maintain clean safe work area, mop water spills as identified.
- Separate different scrap materials and maximize our ability to run repros back into our product mix.
- Work with Extrusion to minimize the amount of mixed color repro produced in recycling.
- Will troubleshoot and maintain the Recycling machines.
- Will clean the machines and the immediate area as well as keep equipment and materials neat and orderly and in their proper place.
- Will perform and document quality and processing audits.
- Will initiate, maintain and complete all required paperwork for this position
- Will be required to conduct safety and quality inspections.
- Must meet production and quality standards on a consistent basis.
- Relieve packers for breaks as needed.
- Blow out department.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: .
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Must possess ambition and make suggestions for improvement.
- Must have good interpersonal/leadership skills and be able to interface with all departments and associate levels.
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crew members and relief personnel and work. toward resolving conflict congenially. Make an extra effort to deal with coworkers and supervisors on a mature and positive basis.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Must be willing to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of pulling and pushing a loaded cart with up to 50 pounds of force.
- Must be capable to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment for cleaning.
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned.
Experience: One to 3 years manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Basic math skills and some mechanical abilities.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.