Assists the shift supervisors, who supervise a total of 10 to 30 employees on each shift in the production department. With guidance from the shift supervisors, carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
in the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the shift. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinating assignments of all production personnel, assigning work locations and tasks; responsible for proper staffing of the production lines while remaining highly visible on the shop floor
- Scheduling breaks and lunches for production personnel
- Insuring that all manufacturing orders are completed on time and that products produced meet all quality standards and customer requirements
- Assists with insuring that efficient labor and machine performance standards are met and maintained
- Overseeing and participating in line clearance events and following the “Line Preparation and Clearance” procedures
- Making job jackets for new production orders
- Assisting with the training of all levels of production personnel and insuring that training records are created and updated as required
- Gathering data as appropriate and generating production reports
- Coordinating problem solving/rework efforts (communicating with technicians and the shift supervisors)
- Providing guidance for performance requirements
- Assisting with personnel performance issues and progressive discipline if warranted
- Insuring that cases are labeled correctly, in the proper sequence, stamped with an operator/packer stamp, and are stacked properly on pallets as defined in QAS (Quality Assurance Standard) for each job that is running
- Referring any questions to the Production Supervisor
- Notifying the Production Supervisor of discrepancies in regards to product packaging, product counts, product labeling, and any potential inventory shortages related to the required supplies
- Managing time and priorities with moderate direction
- Making sure that all work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner (floor must be clear of parts), including proper disposal of regrind parts and trash
- Insuring production personnel adherence to company policies and procedures, maintaining a safe, well-organized, clean, and productive work environment
- Participating in 5S improvement projects as required
- Regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule is required, this may require additional hours as business demand dictates
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
- Previous manufacturing/production experience is a must, preferably in a plastics injection molding environment; must have strong knowledge of packing processes (packer positions/duties) for all products/machines and a strong understanding of the utility
- Working knowledge of injection and blow molding processes, including customer requirements relative to packaging of products
- Strong knowledge of QAS, DMR, Line Clearance, and Safety procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Basic SAP experience is preferred as daily use of SAP may be required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a loud indoor environment subject to temperature changes with exposure to vibrating and moving machinery
- Must use legs, feet, back, arms, and hands to walk and sit for prolonged periods, to occasionally climb ladders, stairs, etc., to bend, twist, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, crawl, and to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have depth perception, be able to handle and feel manufactured products and materials, and be able to distinguish colors
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.