Provide support to Machine Operator/Packers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to perform all duties of a Machine Operator/Packer such as remove or pick up product from machines, trim parts using knife or torch, visually inspect parts for defects, grease etc.
- Performs highly repetitive counting, packing and stacking of cartons.
- Supplies workstations with required materials, boxes, labels, tape, etc.
- Participates in line clearance event and follows the “Line Preparation and Clearance” procedure.
- Changes color in injection molding machines as necessary.
- Performs minor repairs to scales, tape machines, etc.
- Removes finished product from workstations and delivers to warehouse.
- Ensures that cases are labeled correctly, in the proper sequence, stamped with an operator/packer stamp, and are stacked properly on pallets as defined in QAS (Quality Assurance Standard) for the job that is running.
- Refers questions to the Associate Supervisor and/or Production Supervisor.
- Notifies the Associate Supervisor and/or Production Supervisor of discrepancies in regards to product packaging, product counts and product labeling.
- Notifies the Associate Supervisor and/or Production Supervisor of any potential inventory shortages related to the supplies required to perform the job at the machines within the assigned work area.
- Maintains a steady rate of work and stays busy at all times.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner (floor must be clear of parts). Includes disposing of regrind parts and trash correctly.
- Participates in 5S projects as required.
- Regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule which may include additional hours and weekend work as business demand dictates.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to perform packer (and associated utility) duties for all Injection/blow molding machines.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift certification (must be certified by Medegen on required lift equipment).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for an entire shift and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally
required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme heat and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud and requires hearing protection.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.