THE POSITION: Monitors and conducts necessary testing and inspection on incoming, in- process and finished goods. Provides the leadership and expertise to achieve goals in quality, manufacturing and safety. Ensures all procedures in the quality and production
processes are followed. Reports nonconformities to Production Supervisor and Quality Manager. Ensures the highest level of quality and performance throughout the manufacturing process. Must be able to assist in covering others shifts.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Follows all Company policies regarding safety, quality and attendance. Performs duties in a safe manner and report all observed safety hazards to appropriate personnel.
• Performs regular safety walk-throughs and planned housekeeping to the highest level as scheduled.
• Operates all equipment in the assigned area of responsibility, including lab and testing equipment.
• Performs inspection and testing on film throughout all stages of production.
• Monitors product quality and specifications by using inspection and testing procedures to identify defects and nonconformities.
• Diagnoses and suggests corrective actions for quality issues.
• Helps resolve quality issues using analysis techniques.
• Responsible for placing defective product on hold until further disposition.
• Provides technical advice and training to less experienced operators.
• Provides accurate documentation according to our QMS to assigned team members.
• Performs physical and analytical tests such as; Elmendorf tear, dart drops, tensile & elongation, gauge profile, opacity, etc. on samples from extrusion and reports accurate data in a timely manner.
• Responsible for completion of documentation such as labels, C of A’s, and lab reports.
Education: Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a High school diploma or GED is preferred.
Experience: In addition to the educational requirements one or more years of experience in a production environment. Some knowledge of blown film or plastics is a plus.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.