HOURS: 6:00pm to 6:00am - rotating days off
Starts between $11.00 and $13.55
Reports to: Production Supervisor/Production Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
- Make proper check procedures to ensure highest quality boxes
- Continually inspect boxes for defects and/or poor gluing
- Maintain correct adjustments on machines – speed, size changes, etc.
- Ability to train other employees to operate and maintain machines properly
- Insure boxes are placed in proper holding area
- Diagnose and solve problems quickly
- Ability to make 3500 boxes during assigned shift
- Ability to correctly and accurately make box sizes changes within a 15 minute time frame
- Requires the ability to make accurate transactions in production operating system.
- Moving boxes from locations and issuing to appropriate jobs
- Maintain accurate box inventory
- Keep area neat and clean
- Inform maintenance when equipment problems occur
- Maintain and follow all safety rules
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses.
- Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote safe operations.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic. ( multiplication, division, addition, subtraction and measurements)
- English Language Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
Experience and Education:
- Education – Prefer High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Experience – Prefer previous work experience with machines in a manufacturing setting.
- Computers – must have some experience working with computers
Essential Job Functions and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hands together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, lift, manipulate or assemble objects. (many duties require hand over hand movement) (frequently)
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands.
- Must be able to see in low light conditions, hear, and speak clearly.
- Ability to stand and change positions frequently over an eight-hour period.
- Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects. (Lifting requirements up to and including 50 lbs) (frequently
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and or legs. Must be able to reach and lift up to 50 lbs above shoulders (frequently) reaching above head (occasionally), stooping (occasionally), twisting (occasionally), and bending at waist
- Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles repeatedly or continuously to lift objects. (frequently)
- Ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Ability to work in environment that is extremely hot, humid in the summer months, and cold in the winter months.
Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Some examples are: (1) Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
any time. (2) This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.(3) Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change
at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.