• Proficient in use of Warehouse Location Management System
• Ability to operate scanners efficiently and accurately to:
• perform put away of production
• perform daily scheduled cycle count tasks
• perform physical inventory functions
• trace and locate all product or materials moved
• perform maintenance move operations to ensure maximum storage locations
• identify, locate, and adjust locations using where is, count, and adjust functions
• Maintain inventory of materials on daily basis in a neat and orderly manner to ensure proper levels for production purposes with the following:
• Finished re-mil
• Color concentrate and boxes
• Accurately maintain scrap produced (weight and tag when taken from production areas).
• Bundle corrugated cardboard for shipping, stage for shipping, and load onto trucks.
• Accurately read pallet tags (i.e. white production labels, quarantine tags, return to inventory tags, etc.) and properly move pallets based on the tags.
• Ensure that all spare propane tanks are filled for use for all crews.
• Move import product to proper locators after material has been received and palletized.
• Records numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
• Move finished goods, intermediates, and raw materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, and containers, by hand or using electric pallet trucks, fork-trucks and other equipment.
• Maintain a clean and neat work area in warehouse, scrap areas, repro storage areas, and box area.
• Perform daily housekeeping tasks to remove trash, dirt, scrap, and plastic pellets from the shop floor.
• Empty trash dumpsters and designated broken pallet areas daily.
• Ability to safely operate forklift and load hogs. Must pass all required training.
• Abides by all Pitt Plastics safety policies and procedures.
Job Specific Skills:
• Basic Mathematical skills required: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Ability to accurately count and record all types of materials – finished goods, raw materials, rollstock, and scrap.
• Computer skills – position requires accurate entries of information via hand held scanners
• Ability to maintain and complete daily inventory paperwork
• Good written and verbal skills
• Must be able to read and write in English
Experience and Education:
• Education requirement – High School diploma or GED equivalency
• Experience – Prefer previous warehousing experience with the operation of Fork Lift and/or electric pallet jack.
Essential Functions and abilities:
• Ability to quickly move your hand, your hands together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, lift, manipulate or assemble objects. (frequently)
• Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to use scanner keypad. (frequently)
• Must be able to see in low light conditions, hear, and speak clearly. Required to operate machinery in a warehouse setting and working around pedestrians, and other warehouse pickers/material handlers.
• Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 lbs. (frequently)
• Ability to stand and change positions frequently over an eight-hour period.
• Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and or legs. (frequently)
• Must be able to operate machinery and pass a safety test for the operation of load hogs and fork trucks.
• Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles repeatedly or continuously to lift objects up to 50 lbs. (frequently)
• Ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
• Ability to work in environment that is extremely hot, humid in the summer months, and cold in the winter months.
Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and/or the job itself is subject to change. Some examples are: (1) Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. (2) This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.(3) Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.