The primary function of the Packing Associate position is to continually monitor production machines and package finished product.
- Monitor production line, remove finished product and package as necessary
- Continually inspect size, weight, strength, printing (if any) and overall quality. Report any issues to Line Operator or Supervisor
- Assemble boxes for finished product
- Prepare packaging with finished product with labels and date stamp
- Able to manage all required Packer duties of two production lines
- Maintain a neat and clean work station
- Assist other employees as needed
- Abides by all company policies, including, but not limited to, safety, environmental, and plant rules; practices good housekeeping at all times.
- Performs other duties as required to support department and plant missions
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace.
The skills, abilities and physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak, effectively communicate and comprehend written and verbal communication in a work setting
- Ability to recognize and detect errors in quality through evaluation and inspections of finished product
- Ability to listen and retain directions and information regarding duties, safety rules and inspection process
- Ability to manage time and multi-task
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Ability to use and quickly move fingers and hands to grasp, lift, manipulates and assembles objects.
- Ability to stand and change positions frequently in a 12 hour period
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, and reach with body, arms and legs
- Ability to repeatedly or continuously lift up to 40 lbs
- Possess a range of vision ability including distance color and low light vision.
The work environment described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work cautiously but efficiently in conditions consistent with a production plant including but not limited to exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals , and airborne particles
- Ability to work in a moderately loud to loud environment
- Ability to maintain consistent pace in an environment that is extremely hot and humid in summer months and cold in winter months
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.