I. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
Provide technical support to the production function of efficiently manufacturing consistent quality. Provide troubleshooting assistance to the production group in all production areas. Establish and maintain programs and systems to improve the quality
consistency of our products.Develop and design new products as required.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or Plastic Engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with production operators and plant.
- Process troubleshooting experience a plus.
- Additional education in statistical methods or statistical process control techniques a plus.
- Additional education in Polymer Science or Technology a plus.
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor quality and productivity of all aspects of the production process on a daily basis.
- Propose modifications to equipment or procedural changes to remedy chronic quality and productivity problems.
- Prepare production instructions for experimental products.
- Utilize technical skills to optimize the characteristics of experimental products.
- Utilize statistical techniques to improve the quality consistency of our products and identify sources of process variability.
- Utilize process knowledge and electrical/mechanical troubleshooting skills to identify processing equipment malfunctions which are creating productivity or quality abnormalities.
- Prepare and maintain raw materials and product specifications.
- Use statistical techniques to modify quality control specifications based on process characteristics.
- Provide technical service to customers and marketing function as required.
*Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
*Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Machinery and Electrical Devices Used
Authority / Decision Making
- Lab testing equipment (eventually)
- Facsimile equipment
- Computer desktop, (AS/400 terminal)
Work within company policy under supervision of the Plant, QA /Technical Manager. Has full authority to:
- Authorize temporary changes in processing conditions, to keep the line running and / or improve the quality.
- Recommend changes in standard operating procedures and conditions.
- Develop and modify statistical parameters in statistical process control systems.
- Recommend changes in QC test specifications and procedures with appropriate studies and documentation.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.