Under direction of the Production Manager and with the assistance of Associate Supervisors, the Production Supervisor directs and coordinates the activities of 50 to 70 employees involved in operating various plastic injection molding and blow molding machines
and packing products on assigned production shift. Supervisory responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Remains highly visible on the shop floor; coordinating, coaching, and supervising all production personnel.
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance, writes, and conducts performance appraisals; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
- Responsible for scheduling and assignments of shift personnel for the duration of each assigned shift.
- Organizes and executes the production of all molded parts.
- Provides technical guidance when necessary regarding injection molding and/or blow molding machine processes
- Insures that all manufacturing orders are completed on time and that products produced and packed meet all quality standards and customer requirements.
- Responsible for verbal communications and visual checks of all work activity during the shift.
- Insures that efficient labor and machine performance is met and maintained.
- Maintains and keeps current with production statistics and trends.
- Assists in the decision making process in regards to cycle standards and process changes and assists technicians and process engineers to maintain proper set-up standardization and overall work flow.
- Oversees and participates in line clearance events and follows the “Line Preparation and Clearance” procedure.
- Insures that cases are labeled correctly, in the proper sequence, stamped with an operator/packer stamp, and are stacked properly on pallets as defined in the QAS (Quality Assurance Standard) for the job that is running.
- Supervises and coordinates the installation and/or maintenance of all mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic manufacturing and assembly equipment.
- Acts as a facilitator in obtaining necessary support services.
- Responsible for correctly administering disciplinary processes for production area associates fairly and equally.
- Makes frequent safety inspections with follow-through reporting and/or corrective actions, including work related injuries.
- Communicates with Quality Control concerning quality issues.
- Communicates with appropriate managers to help resolve personnel, production and maintenance issues, plans, and procedures.
- Insures that all production associates are trained in the safest, most economical and efficient methods of operating the molding machines and support job functions with emphasis on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’S) and Work Instructions (WI’s).
- Insures that all work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner (floor must be clear of parts) including disposing of regrind parts and trash correctly.
- Insures associate adherence to company policies and procedures, maintaining a safe, well-organized, clean and productive work environment.
- Reports for work before the start of the shift as required, in order to communicate daily issues with the supervisor from the previous shift.
- Responsible for finalizing all necessary data that is required for a timely shift-to-shift transition, insuring completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares for and proactively participates in prioritizing daily production schedules, facilitates and/or attends meetings that assist in establishing these priorities and assignment of tasks.
- Develops, implements, and assists with continuous improvement and/or special projects.
- Participates and leads 5S projects as required.
- High school diploma or GED plus 3-5 years of supervisory experience in plastics or a related manufacturing industry with good technical knowledge of injection molding and/or blow molding machine processes. Some college strongly preferred.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of employees and leaders of the organization.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form with the ability to deal with issues involving many variables in both standardized and un-standardized situations.
- Good working knowledge of SAP and MS Office such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong initiative with the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects/assignments.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule when required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment includes frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noise which requires ear protection.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.