Reports To: Shift Production Lead
- Prepare packaging for finished product by placing labeling and stamping with quality/Julian date stamp.
- Ability to read production instructions to ensure proper specs for product being produced and packed.
- Inspect product utilizing bag checks. Document product inspections and report concerns promptly to machine operator or supervisor.
- Remove finished product from production line and package neatly in boxes.
- Weigh finished cases and record accurate weights using the upper control limits (UCL), target and lower control limits (LCL).
- Must have ability to keep up with production process and daily production goals.
Production and Processing
- Ability to keep up with production line(s).
- Ability to keep finished product picked up and boxed properly
- Ability to complete bag checks and complete all necessary paperwork as required
- Assist co-workers when needed and keep work area neat and clean.
- Ability to use the data collection system properly
– Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing our return on investment.
– Knowledge of machines that are used in the production process. Must be aware and abide by all safety operations of equipment.
Experience and Education:
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Quality Control - Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and staying busy when there is down time.
Essential Functions and Abilities:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hands together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, lift, manipulate or assemble objects. (many duties require hand over hand movement) (frequently)
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands.
- Must be able to see in low light conditions, hear, and speak clearly.
- Ability to stand and change positions frequently over an eight-hour period.
- Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects. (Lifting requirements up to and including 30 lbs) (frequently)
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and or legs.
- Must be able to reach and lift above shoulders (frequently)
- Ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles repeatedly or continuously to lift objects. (frequently)
- Ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Ability to work in environment that is extremely hot, humid in the summer months, and cold in the winter months., reaching above head (occasionally), stooping (occasionally), twisting (occasionally), and bending at waist (occasionally).
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.