Requires extensive experience in machine repair, as well as through knowledge of extrusion operations. Must possess strong mechanical and communications skills, and have a strong general knowledge of plant maintenance.
- Requires little or no daily supervision.
- Inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate malfunctions.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- An employee must help identify spare parts needed for equipment repair and properly fill out requisitions.
- The mechanic is required to requisition spare parts equal to $500.00 per month.
- Mechanics may be needed for weekend or evening “call-outs”.
- The employee must have basic knowledge of and can troubleshoot most equipment in the plant.
- The employee must be able to show basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the facility.
- The employee becomes an “owner” of one group of equipment:
- Extruders, air compressors, bag machines, bag separators, bag winders, blenders/loaders.
- An “owner” of a machine must be able to handle all breakdowns on that particular machine. The employee must be able to completely rebuild, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain at least one class of equipment.
- The employee must be complete at least one annual “Lock Out” inspection.
- The employee must complete a minimum of (2) preventive maintenance work orders per month.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
One to two years related experience preferred
- Successful completion of forklift and electric pallet jack certification and training.
- Attend annual training and practice of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
- Must possess basic plumbing skills
- Requires basic working knowledge of power hand tools
- Cutting tools
- Good verbal communication skill
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.