Supervise and coordinate the activities of mechanics, installers, and repairers.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, the quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work, using devices such as hand tools and gauges to verify conformance to standards and repair requirements.
- Requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand and power tools, hydraulic presses and shears, and welding equipment.
- Review, evaluate, accept, and coordinate completion of work bid from contractors.
- Design equipment configurations to meet personnel needs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Three to seven years related experience
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.