Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the management of sales and marketing activities within the region to achieve required growth and meet the sales objectives. Responsibilities include selling to customers to and be responsible for the Southeast
of the US (AR, LA, MS, TN, AL, GA, FL, NC, and SC) directing sales force (direct sales representatives and/or commissioned brokers), strategic planning, and annual budgeting.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Manage and support the sales force of the region, including direct sales employees and commissioned brokers.
- Provide sales training to the sales force on product knowledge, selling protocols, and company policies.
- Conduct routine sales solicitation activities on the existing customers and prospect accounts to maintain the relationship, train distributor personnel, and increase the sales.
- Interact and coordinate with other functional departments in order to provide customer satisfaction and quality products.
- Develop annual sales budget and strategy for the region and execute the plan accordingly.
- Coordinate with marketing personnel to develop sales promotion plans for target products
- Develop sales promotion plans to provide sales spiffs or incentives to brokers or distributor's sales representatives
- Attend sales trade shows with or without sales representatives to promote products and develop business opportunities
- Review customer pricing (or RFP) to approve or propose for approval
- Coordinate the hiring and training of all sales personnel within the region
- Handle special projects assigned by the business unit
Previous Related Experience Required
- At least 8 years experience in distributor sales and business development, preferably in Jan/San industry, along with a proven track record of positive customer relationships. Other experience in business management and marketing is a plus.
Technical Skills Required To Perform This Job
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point. Ability to travel/drive with a valid driver license.
- College or university degree in business or related fields.
- Preferably prior experience with plastic industry in the field of flexible packaging, including can liner, bags, films and sheetings, etc.
- Position involves up to 50 - 60% travel, with a willingness to travel throughout the region and the United States attending sales functions such as trade shows. Must reside within the region in order to effectively and efficiently manage the territory.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance as well as the ability to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Demonstrate exceptional teamwork and customer service; behave professionally; treat others with respect and dignity.
- Physical requirements include duties common to a regular office environment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Innovation and creativity
- Strong work ethnic
- Collaboration/team player
- Strong communication skills
Individual Specific Job Tasks
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day sales operation within the region
- Manage distributor communication, sales execution and training of sales personnel (direct sales employees or commissioned brokers) within the region
- Make sales calls on existing customers and potential buyers of all Inteplast product lines (including products of Inteplast affiliated companies) and influence the procurement process in order to grow sales
- Sell products employing a consultative and problem-solving approach
- Work independently against a variety of objectives using time management skills to meet and exceed internal/external customer expectations
- Apply strong communications skills including oral, written, presentation and active listening
- View problems, issues and needs from a customer's perspective; incorporating creative problem solving techniques to identify appropriate solutions
- Proactive pursuit of continuous learning in a highly competitive, dynamic market place
- Sales and Marketing - knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product innovation, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales controls systems.
- Customer and Personal Service – knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management – knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resource.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.