Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the management of Grocery and Retail sales and marketing activities within the region to achieve required growth and meet sales objectives. Responsibilities include selling to customers, directing sales force, strategic
planning, and annual budgeting. This posting is for a Regional Sales Manager for the Mid-Atlantic & New England territory.
Major Areas of Accountability
Technical Job Criteria
Previous Related Experience Required
- Conduct sales activities with existing customers and prospect accounts to maintain relationships, and increase base sales
- Actively develop prospects and targets, prioritize opportunities and develop strategic supply proposals to gain incremental business
- Collect market intelligence and customer decision criteria to recommend effective sales proposals
- Skillfully present compelling supply package presentations
- Develop annual sales budget and strategy for the region and execute the plan accordingly
- Review sales progress regularly against goals and re-align efforts to ensure targets are being successfully achieved
- Become proficient with the Grocery/Retail product bundle
- Interact and coordinate with other functional departments in order to provide customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with marketing personnel to develop sales promotion plans for target products
- Attend sales trade shows to promote products and develop business opportunities
- Coordinate the hiring and training of Brokers within the region
- Handle special projects assigned by the business unit
At least 8 years of sales and business development experience with a proven track record of positive customer relationships. Other experience in business management and marketing is a plus.
Technical Skills Required To Perform This Job
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Ability to travel/drive with a valid driver license.
- College or university degree in business or related fields.
- Preferably prior experience with plastic industry in the field of flexible packaging, including bags, films and sheeting, etc.
- Position involves up to 50 - 60% travel, with a willingness to travel throughout the region and the United States attending sales functions such as trade shows. Must reside within the region in order to effectively and efficiently manage the
Individual Specific Job Tasks
- Innovation and creativity
- Strong work ethnic
- Collaboration/team player
- Strong communication skills
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day sales operation within the region
- Manage customer communication, sales execution and training of commissioned brokers within the region
- Make sales calls on existing customers and potential buyers of all Inteplast product lines (including products of Inteplast affiliated companies) and influence the procurement process in order to grow sales
- Sell products employing a consultative and problem-solving approach
- Work independently against a variety of objectives using time management skills to meet and exceed internal/external customer expectations
- Apply strong communications skills including oral, written, presentation and active listening
- View problems, issues and needs from a customer's perspective; incorporating creative problem solving techniques to identify appropriate solutions
- Proactive pursuit of continuous learning in a highly competitive, dynamic market place
- Sales and Marketing - knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product innovation, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales controls
- Customer and Personal Service – knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management – knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, productin methods, and coordination of people and
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.