PITT PLASTICS, INC Industrial Machinery Technician Level 1
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Grade/Level: Pay Grade 10 - $14.00 to $20.00
Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
Work Schedule: Varied
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance tasks on all types of production equipment.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Daily communication with Maintenance Supervisor for assignments
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Education:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience: One to two years related experience preferred Computer Skills Certificates & Licenses Other Requirements
- Successful completion of forklift and electric pallet jack certification and training.
- Attend annual training and practice of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
- Must possess basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills.
- Requires basic working knowledge of power hand tools o Drills o Saws o Cutting tools
- Good verbal communication skill
Advancement to Maintenance Level 2 requires: • Completion of 180 days of employment • Must be able to successfully demonstrate knowledge of all Level 1 essential job functions
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand C (Constantly)
Walk C (Constantly)
Sit O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
11-20 lbs O (Occasionally)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Push/Pull 12 lbs or less O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs O (Occasionally) 41-100 lbs O (Occasionally) N (Not Applicable)
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth Perception) Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel Toed Shoes, Ear Plugs, and Safety Glasses) WORK ENVIRONMENT Must be able to tolerate excessive heat during summer monthsESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential Functions Statement(s)