Job Description/Job Summary
Candidate will be responsible for facilitating the movement of trailers between warehouse locations and our customers.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Must have a current Class “A” CDL license.
• Must have at least one year experience in the operation if a heavy truck and trailer
. • Clean driving record for the last 2 years of experience.
• Must be 21 years of age in accordance with Section 391.11(b)(1) of FMCR.
• Schedule must be flexible.
• Overnight or out of town travel WILL be required.
• Basic math and vocabulary - reading and writing. Responsibilities/Duties
• Conduct pre/post trip inspections of trucks and trailers, including the checking of tire pressures.
• Properly couple on/off trailers from tractors.
• Work day may range between 8 to 14 hours a day.
• Work week may not exceed 70 hours.
• Ability to work well under pressure and deal tactfully with others.
• Familiar with DOT Regulations.
• Able to conform to shifting priorities, responsibilities, strategies, demands and timelines.
• Strong personal and customer service skills. Good communication skills, verbal and written
. • Ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, manage time, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Properly follows all DOT regulations, procedures and policies.
• Accurately completes paperwork in a timely manner.
• Proper use of safety equipment.
• Manages proof of delivery paperwork from customers.
• Follow the policies and procedures of our Customer’s operations
• Be able to present a professional appearance and attitude. Abide by the company Dress policy.
• Follow the Company’s accident and incident reporting procedures for any accident or spill on company property or third party’s property.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.