Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Responsible for performing preventative maintenance tasks on all types of production equipment.
• Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
• Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
• Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
• Record repairs and maintenance performed.
• Daily communication with Maintenance Supervisor for assignments
• Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Self Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One to two years related experience preferred
Certificates & Licenses
• Successful completion of forklift and electric pallet jack certification and training.
• Attend annual training and practice of Lock Out/Tag Out procedures
• Must possess basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic skills.
• Requires basic working knowledge of power hand tools
• Cutting tools
• Good verbal communication skill
Advancement to Maintenance Level 2 requires:
• Completion of 180 days of employment
• Must be able to successfully demonstrate knowledge of all Level 1 essential job functions
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Steel Toed Shoes, Ear Plugs, and Safety Glasses)
Must be able to tolerate excessive heat during summer months
Pitt Plastics, Inc. has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.