The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to
support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Scheduling, laying out and assigning work.
- Appropriate health, safety precautions and procedures (OSHA knowledge).
- Technical aspects of field of specialty
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Forklift & rigging experience 5+ years.
- Blown film & bag making experience a plus.
- Trade tools, equipment, materials, methods and techniques used in skilled and general maintenance and repair involving at least one of the following: electrical, heating and air conditioning, plumbing, carpentry, painting, welding.
- Federal, State and local building codes and OSHA regulations.
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D certificate with four or more years of progressive and practical experience in at least one or more of the skilled trades previously described.
- Position requires at least 5+ years’ experience in the plastic manufacture or equivalent field.
- This role may require supervisory experience.
- This position will require decision on making on equipment maintenance and improvement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide training, work direction and guidance while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Assist manager in scheduling work and determining needs for equipment and supplies.
- Report to managers regarding work completed referring unusual technical or personnel issues to the manager.
- Provide input to performance reviews; monitor work of assigned crew members.
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment; prioritize, schedule, assign and coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish a wide variety of duties related to operations.
- Repair production and facilities equipment.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, State and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition.
- Assist in the purchase, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical wiring and fixtures; perform trouble-shooting to repair or replace fans and motors; perform repairs to motors, and lighting circuits and to communication and audiovisual equipment.
- Estimate cost of labor and materials for work orders; obtain competitive prices for equipment and supplies needed by facility.
- Maintain various records related to labor, materials and work orders.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, etc.
- Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
JOB TASKS & DUTIES
- Perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
- Train and provide work direction to assigned personnel in the performance of a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
- Interpret, explain and apply codes, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches and work orders to others.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Estimate labor and materials costs.
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain routine records.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC DEVICES & SOFTWARE
- Working knowledge of extrusion and converting.
- Specifically blown film extruders flexographic printing presses.
- Solventless lamination pouches and sidewell and wicketered machines.
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.For more information, about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.